Thursday, November 8, 2012

I think we're having a baby!

So I don't think I wrote about this, but I had a minor hissy fit when the front desk lady called to confirm my appt  with my new OB. She said the u/s tech would not be there during my evening appt because she leaves at 3:30pm everyday so I wouldnt be getting an u/s. Of course, this caused me to have a little bit of a panic attack because I have become so spoiled to my weekly u/s appts with the RE. Internally, I felt like such a little diva, and wanted to scream through the phone... "Don't you know my loss history! The RE sent over my records! I am VIP!" ::cue stomping of feet and tears!::

Anyway, the first thing the OB said when he walked in the room to meet me was that he had just popped in to the u/s room to "fire up the machine" since he had reviewed my history and knew I was probably wanting one, lol. I think I made mooney eyes at him from that point on. He was extremely attentive and spent over an hour with us (I was shocked!). We talked about my history, and he also told me about his sister who has four children but has had 13 losses (um, wow). So, I feel like he totally "got me".

He was glad to see I was already on lovenox thanks to the RE, and is sending me to the peri next week. He used the doppler to show us that we could find the HB with that and it would be the same as seeing it on the u/s before we also had the u/s, and he told me I can come back as often as I want for a doppler check until I start to feel more comfortable... which I told him would probably be once I can start feeling movement.
He didnt really like the idea of me trying to use a home doppler bc he thinks it will just stress me out trying to find the HB so he would prefer me to come in when I want some peace of mind.

The u/s was awesome and we got to see baby wiggling all around again. I was amazed at how much growth there was between my last u/s at 9w5d and yesterday at 10w4d.

After the appt, we headed to the Melting Pot to celebrate a healthy, wiggly baby and Cody's 29th birthday! Poor guy had to let me choose the place bc I said "THE BABY REALLY WANTS FONDUE!"



Overall, I am really happy with how things went and am so excited to say that I am more pregnant than I have ever been today. I think I am having a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment