Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Snug as a Bug!

I've been so tired lately. I feel like I have been stuck in the first trimester for way.too.long! I calculated that based on my pregnancies, I have been suffering from first trimester exhaustion and morning sickness for almost thirty weeks so far this year. BLAH. I really pray this one sticks and we get to take this baby home so I can say that all these symptoms were not in vain.

We had a minor scare last week when I woke up Thursday morning to some red bleeding that had gone through my underwear. I had no cramping or clots so it was a complete shock to see when I looked. Of course my brain automatically assumed the worst... how could I not? I called the RE who had me come in right away for an u/s to check on everything and I was grateful since we had already had an u/s three days prior. Well it turns out that Phillips was still snug as a bug in a rug and had made some great progress in the growth department. I measured 6w exactly which put me two days ahead, and we were even able to see a flickering little HB this time. Not that a HB means anything though... I'm still so sad that I am so jaded to think that HBs dont mean jack shiit in the miscarriage department.

The RE thinks that the crinone I am on irritated my cervix and that, coupled with the lovenox, caused for more bleeding than normal. He said that the bleeding wasnt anywhere near the baby and that my cervix was nice and closed. I spent the rest of the day off my feet just to help with it to stop though. I'm so thankful that everything was okay, but talk about a mindfcuk. I'm in for a really long 8 months at this rate. I'm going to be one paranoid momma if this child ever makes it outside!

Anyway, here's Phillips at our emergancy u/s last Thurs. measuring 6w! I go back this Thursday for another peek at our little guy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment